Horizontal lines that appear static or flickering on a laptop screen can be annoying and bothersome. If your Huawei laptop’s screen has any problems, look for a solution immediately. Don’t allow the damaged screen on your laptop to last too long. You can try a variety of steps to try and solve your issue. This article will show you how to examine and repair your Huawei laptop’s screen to determine the cause of the horizontal lines and how to get rid of them. Let’s get going.
What Causes Horizontal Lines on a Huawei Laptop Screen?
A computer display’s horizontal lines may appear due to overheating or physical harm to the monitor and its wires. Conflicts between the screen and the selected screen resolution and refresh rate settings, out-of-date device drivers, and older operating systems can also cause line difficulties.
Solutions to fix Huawei Laptop Horizontal Lines on the screen
Step 1: Replacing the Video Cable
The wrong video cable connection may cause horizontal lines on a laptop screen. Therefore, if the horizontal lines on the Huawei laptop issue reappear, try reconnecting the video connection to the monitor.
Step 2: Adjust the screen’s resolution
The cause of the vertical or horizontal lines on the Huawei laptop screen is incorrect screen resolution. As a result, you might try altering the screen resolution to fix the problem. Here is the manual you need.
- To enter Settings, press the Windows and I keys. To proceed, click System.
- Click Display in the following window. Then, make your way to the right and check that the scale, layout, and resolution are all set to the suggested values. Tip: By right-clicking on a space on the desktop and selecting “Display settings,” you may get to this page.
- Check to see if the laptop screen’s horizontal line has vanished. If not, look for other options.
Step 3: Driver update for graphics
Many issues might be brought on by outdated drivers, including the MHW graphics device crashing, the Graphics Device Driver Error Code 43, and others. An outdated driver is probably causing the problem with the laptop screen’s horizontal lines. If so, your graphics driver has to be updated. This is how to go about it.
- Once the Run window has been opened by pressing the Windows and R keys, enter devmgmt.msc and press Enter to launch Device Manager. Alternatively, you can access the Device Manager by right-clicking the Windows icon and selecting it from the pop-up menu.
- Double-click the Display Adapters to expand them. Then, select your graphics driver from the list of drivers, then click Update driver.
- Select a driver update method in the following dialog box based on your needs. The graphics driver can be updated manually or automatically. Then, to complete the procedure, adhere to the on-screen instructions.
Step 4: Use the Display Quality Troubleshooter
Horizontal lines on monitors can also be fixed with the help of the Display Quality Troubleshooter application that comes with Windows. The procedures listed below can be used to run it.
- Type control into the Run window after opening it, then hit the Enter key.
- Click Troubleshooting after changing the View by as Large icons setting in the Control Panel.
- Within the left pane, select View All.
- From the items listed, select Display Quality. Then enter the admin password or grant access if prompted. Then, to finish the surgery, according to the formal instructions.
Step 5: Make a clean boot
If you’ve tried the above solutions and the laptop still shows a horizontal line, conduct a clean boot. Something interferes with the displays if the monitor functions normally on a clean boot. Then you should manually remove it.
- Enter msconfig in the Run window and hit OK.
- Go to the Services tab in the System Configuration window and choose the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox. Next, select “Disable all.”
- Select Open Task Manager from the Startup tab after navigating there.
- Disable by selecting the startup programs with the right click. To remove all of the mentioned startup programs, repeat this action. Next, shut down Task Manager.
- Restarting your computer is the next step after clicking OK in the System Configuration window. If your computer displays normally, turn on each piece of software you disable one at a time until the horizontal line appears once more on your laptop screen. Then manually uninstall that software.
I sincerely hope that this article is useful to you. We tried to include all the necessary information on Huawei Laptop horizontal lines. From among the options listed, you must select one. If any of the solutions don’t work effectively, kindly let us know so we can offer updated solutions.