Hard drive problems in HP laptops can be solved with a cascade of different methods. The methods are simple, and you only need some knowledge of how to do it and, of course, a willingness to learn more about it. It’s just as easy to fix hard drive errors in HP laptops as installing software on your computer. So if you are prepared for a little bit of tinkering with your old laptop, read on and start learning how to fix this annoying problem. We did some research and found out how to quickly resolve the hard drive problem in HP laptops.
How do hard drives breakdowns?
Hard drives are the most common cause of data loss and the most frequent source of problems for PC owners. A variety of issues can cause hard drive breakdowns, from software malfunctions to mechanical failures.
The most common cause of hard drive failures is mechanical problems. The heads on the hard drive jump around and crash into each other or get stuck in the platters. This causes data loss and makes your computer unresponsive.
Another common cause of hard drive breakdowns is damage to the circuit board inside your laptop or desktop computer. When moisture or dust gets into your computer, it short circuits the hard drive, making it unreadable by your computer’s operating system.
Take a look to fix HP Laptop’s Hard drive in several ways.
The HP Laptop Hard Disk Error can be fixed in several ways, which are:
- You can recover the factory settings by doing a hard reset on your HP laptop.
- Verify the BIOS reset theory’s effectiveness.
- Try to install the fast or extensive version of HP Hardware Diagnostics, and you can check the hard drive on a different machine.
- Try wiping the hard drive.
- To retrieve the information from the broken or destroyed Hard Drive, you need a specialized tool.
- Study the techniques in depth to see if they can be used to fix the issue.
How to Fix Hard Disk Failure on an HP Laptop
Fixing hard disk failure is not a difficult task. However, it can be a challenge if you are not familiar with computers and don’t have the right tools or knowledge. If your HP laptop shows hard disk failure, you can try the following steps to fix this problem.
Step 1: Reset the BIOS to its default options
The performance procedures listed below will assist you in resolving the HP Laptop Hard Disk Failure problem.
- Turn off your computer and give it a 10-second delay.
- Switch on your laptop, then press F10 to access BIOS.
- To load “BIOS Setup Default Settings,” press F9 on the BIOS screen.
- Press F10 to save the adjustments, then quit BIOS.
- Press “Enter” after selecting “Yes” from the prompt.
Step 2: Reset Your Hard Drive
Your hard drive will be completely erased if you perform a hard reset. In order to rebuild the software link between Hardware and BIOS and correct the issue, the standard capability will be recovered. To fix the HP laptop hard disk, take the instructions listed below:
- Unplug the power cable first.
- Next, you must unplug all USB and peripheral devices.
- Next, you must take the battery out. If your laptop’s battery is internal, remove it by opening the shell.
- To remove the leftover current, click and hold the power button for a short period of time.
- Finally, reattach the battery and start your laptop.
Step 3: Hard Drive Analysis
If your machine runs Windows XP, the SATA ports are likely not downloaded, which is why it cannot boot and is locked on the problem. Therefore, installing and checking the SATA driver is the first step in fixing the problem.
Additionally, you can take your computer’s hard drive out and use a SATA to USB converter to attach it to another computer. If your hard disk is still undetected, it will likely be destroyed.
Step 4: Activate HP Hardware Diagnostics
There are six separate exams in “Quick Mode,” each taking 1-3 minutes to complete. “Extensive Mode” takes longer than 2 hours to do the same 6 tests. To fix the Hard Disk issue on an HP laptop, here’s what to do:
- Connect the AC adapter first. Verify that the machine has no other USB devices connected.
- To switch off the device, if it is on, click and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
- After the system starts, keep hitting ESC four or five times.
- The screen will display menu options. Press F2 now.
- Select the “Components Test” option from the “HP Hardware Diagnostics” menu.
- To select the hard disk, press the arrow keys.
- Click “Run Once” after choosing the Quick Test selection in this step
- Permit the test to end. Select “Test All Hard Drives” if you have more than one hard drive.
Step 5: Wizard with High Performance
If you still have trouble fixing the problem, you should consider employing a specialized tool. This comprehensive solution bundle will enable you to resolve the HP Laptop Hard Disk Failure problem quickly.
- The information wiped from the hard drive can all be recovered with this hard disk treatment option.
- This software enables you to restore information from several different Hard Drives. It quickly recovers your data while maintaining the consistency of the formatting.
- The software is relatively self-explanatory, so utilizing it is not difficult.
Hard disk failure is a very common problem among HP laptops. Millions of users report these failure issues, and people get disheartened because they think it is a big deal. And if the hard drive problems have already developed in your HP laptop, then you need to take an interest in this article and carry out the repairs as instructed by us. Use our steps, and you’ll be able to repair many common faults with the hard disk on your laptop. If you can’t able to fix this issue, you can reach out or bring your HP latop for repair.